Knowledge is Power
SEAL Self-Defense for Women is a realistic and practical approach to self defense from a very basic yet extremely effective level. This course is comprised of techniques pulled from our vast knowledge in self defense and close quarter protection. It is designed for women who have no prior training or experience in self defense.
This course is not designed like traditional self defense courses that require months or years of practice to be proficient. Further, it is not taught like mixed martial arts, as a competition that pits you against an opponent in a ring with a referee.
We have structured this course to ensure a positive experience that will equip you with the skills and knowledge to protect yourself from an attacker or a potentially life threatening situation. Our goal is to empower all women through our knowledge and expertise.
This class is a three day, all women course, extensive in content and demonstrations. Each student will be provided with a printout of all materials covered throughout the course. Classes will not exceed 10 students to ensure a personal and effective experience. In order to guarantee you will retain what you’ve learned in this course, we invite you to attend one FREE refresher class each month.
This course was designed to equip our students with the ability to defend themselves from an attacker who may be larger and overpowering. The following topics are covered in this course:
- Situational Awareness – Situational Awareness is the ability to identify, process, and comprehend the critical elements of information about what is happening to you and those around you. Simply, it’s being aware of your surroundings.
- Mind Set – Arguably the most important aspect of self defense. Mind set is a fixed mental attitude or disposition that predetermines a person’s responses to and interpretations of situations.
- Defensive Measures – Mind set combined with actions or measures taken to prevent or if needed to defend ones self against an attacker or threat.
- Anatomy – Specific target points on the body that are susceptible to injury. We teach how to attack and protect and the subsequent effects of the attack.
- Combative Techniques- techniques used when physical force is required.
- Scenarios – situations in which you will have to make decisions based on what you have learned in the course. We provide a detailed debrief at the end of the class.